Last updated April 23rd, 2022
Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.thepetfarmacy.com/.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We use this information for various purposes, such as to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account
- Comply with legal obligations, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them, and for other marketing purposes
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
When visitors leave comments on the Website, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. After approval of your comment, your profile picture may be made visible to the public.
We use any information you submit via the contact form to respond to your inquiries.
Cookies and similar technologies are small files or technologies that are placed on your computer or device when you visit a website. They are used to recognize visitors across one or more browsing sessions and across one or more websites.
If you leave a comment on our Website you may opt-in to saving your name and email address in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to information about you to help fulfill orders, process refunds, and otherwise support your requests. For example, our team members can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and shipping information
What we share with others
We share information with other parties, including the following:
- Third-party service providers who process information on our behalf, such as email service providers, customer relationship management systems, shipping services such as stamps.com, and payment processors such as Square
- Any affiliates or joint venture partners that we may have in the future
As part of a corporate sale, merger, or acquisition, or other transfer of all or part of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding
- Pursuant to a subpoena, court order, governmental inquiry, or other legal process or as otherwise required by law, to protect our rights or the rights of third parties, or to protect the safety or security of any person or entity
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing
We do not sell information about you, and we take your privacy seriously.
Third-party links and tools
We track our Website’s analytics with Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Website and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Website, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How long we retain your data
We generally retain information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, unless otherwise required under applicable law.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our Website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this Website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To opt out of our email marketing, you can use the link provided at the bottom of each marketing message. If you opt out of our email marketing, we may still send you messages related to our transactions and relationship with you, such as order confirmation.
If our information practices change, we will post these changes on this page. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to learn of any updates.
The Pet Farmacy, LLC
33 Newman Springs Road
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724